There are many ways to help the environment--what's your favorite? Share your best tip for helping the environment with Environmental Issues readers.
Use a clothesline
- Hang laundry out in the fresh air to dry. It's free.
- —Guest Pea
put democracy to work
- Iam living in a Region where 100% of people's income comes from tobacco cultivation and the method used to burn tobacco is very local they use many piecs of trees,these people need help for an alternative crops otherwise they will kill us with desert.elected official can help to sensitize this.
- —Guest kapakalalikegreen
help the earth
- I think the most important thing that we need to do is to reduce the amount of use of water we use.
- —Guest guest huda
- It should be required that anyone buying an electric car also be required to install a solar panel to keep it charged and off the current electric grid.
- —Guest G
- IF PLASTIC BOTTLES ARE SUCH A PROBLEM, GO BACK TO GLASS. I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM TAKING MY EMPTY DRINK BOTTLES AND EXCHANGING FOR FULL ONES. STOP THE DEFORESTATION OF OUR LANDS. DEVELOPMENT CLEANS ALL THE TREES OFF OF THE LAND AND REPLACES THEM WITH TWIGS. WHY NOT WORK AROUND THAT 50 YR OLD TREE AND LEAVE THEM? ALSO, PLANT MORE BAMBOO. IT CAN BE USED FOR PAPER PRODUCTS AND IS A GOOD CO2 TO O2 REPLENIShER. IT ONLY TAKES ABOUT 7 YRS TO ESTABLISH, WHEREAS PINES TAKE 15 TO 20 YRS TO BE USABLE. BAMBOO IS GREAT TO STOP SOIL EROSION. WE AS A PEOPLE JUST WANT THINGS TO BE CONVENIENT. A LOT OF THINGS COST TOO MUCH TO RECYCLE, PLUS THEY USE TOO MUCH ENERGY TO MAKE ANY SENSE. USE GLASS FOR BOTTLING BEER AND SOFT DRINKS AND GET DEPOSITS ON THEM. USE THEM OVER AND OVER.
- —Guest TONY SMITH
.Best Way to help the Environment
- Do not hesitate to use BICYCLE for minimum distance activities.
- —Guest vazhumuni krishnan
Helpin the environent
- In class we learned that planting trees cuts down carbon emissions, so why not just plant more trees? Also, 5 things for the household:
-The Right Insulation
-Turn off appliances that aren't being used
Some of these may be costly but are worth it definitely.
- —Guest Rylee
Support companies trying to help.
- There are a number of good ways to reduce the impact of existing businesses and industry. To my mind that is supporting and publicizing the firms that are out there looking to improve the business practices of other firms.
- —Guest Jeffrey Zarnett
Put democracy to work!
- The best ways to help the environment is to call your elected officials often to voice your concern, write letters to the editor of your local paper to bring attention to the issue (politicians read them!), and organize people in your community to voice their concern. Support organizations that are principled and stick to their guns on the environment, like Greenpeace.
what we can do
- use compact fluorescent light bulbs.
And write letters to government leaders.
- —Guest kelly
avoid soft drinks
- Instead of using soft drinks drink fruit juices and coconut water. That means usage of fruit increases and plantation of fruit trees also increase indirectly.
- The only way we will be able to even make an impact on the environment is to make everyone aware of the issues. If no one knows anything no one's gonna do anything. Some people just don't care, which is unfortunate, so we need to raise awareness.
- —Guest mariah
"5 most important things you can do..."
- I just wanted to say bravo to Larry West for "the 5 most important things you can do for the environment." Everything you mentioned in that article really hit the nail on the head man, especially the one about not having kids. Kudos to you and your insights.
- —Guest Jarrett Lavac
to help the environment
- by protecting the environment by reducing all types of waste product.
- —Guest safiya
# 1 factor to help the environment
- SELF-DISCIPLINE is what we really need. Dont just throw your garbage anywhere you want. We know the solution of our problem but we hesitate to do it.
- —Guest chadly